Join the movement of community change
Right now, your gift will go directly to support DiDi’s as we employ, empower, encourage and equip under a 100 community members across Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh in India. We do this to improve employment opportunities and to bring about financial and emotional stability for women. You could help create Community Change in two years – and transform the lives of millions in Uttar Pradesh.
Momentum is building across Lucknow city for a brighter future for girls and their communities. Hundreds of girls, like Sheela, are now able to dream of a life free from domestic / sexual violence and can strive towards a future filled with knowledge, choice, and opportunity. Many communities are making gender sensitivity a reality across Lucknow, given our efforts and out reach through our women.
The next couple years present a rare opportunity to transform the lives of a 1,000 women. With your help, we can:
- Empower, Encourage and Equip a 1000 women in Lucknow city from underprivileged backgrounds
- Greatly reduce Domestic Violence against women by empowering and equipping more and more women and girls.
- Transform gender equality and financial independence for a generation of parents and children.
In short, we've taken our work and opportunities and created a citywide effort to transform a generation(make this a link) – here we will add a document with a plan to employ more women by our fundraising efforts.
But we need your help to do it.
The math is simple. Every $8(Rs. 500) monthly commitment we receive can cover the costs of reaching out to, employing and training a women/girl into our DiDi’s team. The candidate—most often a woman or adolescent girl like Sheela—will join our team and become skilled in either cooking, tailoring or driving – thus posing as an ambassadors for change, reaching hundreds of other women in Lucknow (Uttar Pradesh).
Join the movement today!
- Online: We accept Visa, Mastercard, or American Express
- By mail: Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and mail your donation check to:
Didi's Foods & Creations
3/1, Vipul Khand
Uttar Pradesh, India
Tel: +91 522 4007895
Cell: +91 9415243560
Ask your employer if they will match your gift!
If your employer matches your gift we will etch your name along with a picture on our campaign wall – The Wall…
Questions about making a donation?
Contact us anytime at email@example.com or by calling +919335739201 (Monday to Friday, 10 am to 6 pm IST).
A. Cookie campaign
B. Community mobilization
C. Food Van Campaign
Host a fundraiser
Host a fundraising or awareness-raising event to share news about DiDi’s work and help make an impact in the space of women empowerment and community change.
Organizing a fundraiser or event will allow you to be a catalyst for positive social change in your community. As you share your passion for social change and community-led development, you can inspire others to support our work in North India and enable more communities to create their own successes.
Host an Event
- Book Club: Read However Long the Night with your group and lead a discussion about our work, asking members to donate
- Organize a Movie Screening: Host a viewing of the Stories of Change films at your school, company or with your local group – Stories of Change videos are videos about the life of our DiDi’s women and Prerna Girls.
- Dedicate your Event to DiDi’s: Celebrate your birthday, wedding, fashion show, anniversary or any other special event and promote positive social change in India by encouraging your guests to support DiDi’s in lieu of a gift.
- If you run / own a business (product or services) – you could organize a sale or exhibition event at your venue and give us a percentage of your proceeds incurred during the event.
- Form a Supporter Group: Form a group at your school or organization in your area / where you work / where you study, to raise awareness in your community about the work we do at DiDi’s.
- Host an Online Fundraiser: Set up an online fundraising campaign for DiDi’s through a crowdfunding platform such as Indiegogo or Crowdrise. You can set a fundraising goal and deadline, create a fundraising team, and then easily share the page with your friends and families via email and social media
- Get creative! Check out our Outstanding Supporters blog series and see how others have found innovative ways to support DiDi’s in their communities.
- The van donation from WeikfielsPvt Ltd
- A fund raiser dinner organized by a restaurant – 10% of all expenses at the restaurant made by guests at dinner were contributed to DiDi’s
Volunteer & Intern
Volunteer your time and energy with DiDi’s by helping with
- Creative community mobilization activities
- Vocational training – teach our DiDi’s your hobby and passion. In doing so you will add to their range of skills and equip them further
- Empowerment – hold workshops for our DiDi’s and talk to them on women issues and gender equality. Motivate them to be high achievers and encourage their never say dying spirit further
- Administrative help
- Book keeping and inventory management
- Marketing and Social Media Marketing assistance
- Operations and supply chain management
- Spearhead a fundraiser campaign